I was scrabbling about Tuesday evening trying to find my leggings and a long enough top to wear to tap class this week and it was obvious that my dancewear drawer was a mess. I haven’t really sorted it out or purged since moving house and I probably have too many tops and not enough bottoms, leggings especially.
So, how did I sort it out?
1. I got everything out of the drawer.
2. I refolded or rolled up each item of clothing and put it back apart from items I wasn’t enthusiastic about anymore (or were ill fitting). Rolling saves a lot of space.
3. I grabbed an empty shoe box and placed it in the drawer to section off a bit for dance tights, sports bras, foot thongs etc.
Hopefully it will be easier to grab what I want next week 😀
Next I should invest in a couple more pairs of black leggings.
I am chuffed to have been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award! I have always loved writing, so naturally I ended up starting a blog about my dance pursuits, especially now that I’m learning to tap dance.
I would like to thank Dorky Dancing for nominating me! She writes a great dance blog and is my most enthusiastic follower. I enjoy reading her posts about all the different dance classes she’s doing.
Here is a list of the rules:
Put the award logo/image on your blog
List the rules
Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
Share a link to your best post(s)
Three facts about me:
1. I work in Human Resources but also make and sell soap in my spare time
2. I have a degree in English Literature but am also qualified as a fitness instructor
3. I have a cat from Essex called Ruby who is 3 years old and I believe is a (part?) Norwegian Forest Cat. She has a very fluffy bottom and she pops up in the blog every now and then!
Your Questions Answered:
1. If you were a soup, which flavour of soup would you be? Spicy pumpkin – I’ve been told I’m warm and comforting
2. What causes you to doubt yourself? Overthinking – just do it!
3. If time, money, distance, relationships and education were not an issue, what would be your dream job? I would be an interior designer, like Kelly Hoppen. Other than that
I would love to run my handmade soap business full time. Beach-side. In a warm climate.
4. What does your dream house look like? It sounds extremely cheesy but I feel like I moved into my dream house when I moved in November. It’s a Victorian terraced house; old and wonky, but I love it. Other than that, it would be house with a verandah and a dance studio!
5. What dance move or style would you like to master? I would LOVE to master tap dance – it’s quite hard, especially beginning in adulthood and there’s so much to learn! Another thing would be a pirouette – so far I’ve only really ever done the preparation steps.
Pay it Forward
I don’t follow too many blogs, but here are the ones who I enjoy reading and also deserve this accolade of nomination:
Dorky Dancing – she was very kind to nominate me and I really enjoy reading her posts about her dancing and the classes she attends. She has a great sense of humour too!
Adult Ballerina Project – the first ballet blog I started reading when I was trying Ballet classes for the first time. She hasn’t posted in a long time because I think she decided to stop writing it, but there’s loads to read about the ballet journey as an adult beginner. Inspired me to start a dance blog.
Ballet.to – a very honest ballet blog written by May to inspire others having a go at Ballet.
Dance your Buns Off – another ballet blog. Lots of helpful tips and I like reading the interviews with professional dancers.
Tweed and the Beard – a non-dance blog all about food and meal prepping! I love food and cooking, so I enjoy reading her posts, especially when it comes to lunchbox ideas. She started following me fairly recently.
5 questions for my nominees:
What made you start blogging?
What would you most like to achieve in 2018?
What is your favourite song, like ever?
What is your favourite dance step or move?
Which animal would be your Harry Potter Patronus? (Mine is a cat obvs)
And finally, check out my post about my day at Rambert’s Adult Contemporary Summer Intensive 2017!
Hope you have a great Christmas whatever you’re doing! We will be hosting my mum for a mini Christmas on Christmas Eve, going to the in-laws for a few days and seeing my family on other days. Not sure if I will be doing a Parkrun this Christmas Day, but I am aiming to get my fitness back (or restarted 😵) during the holidays with some walking and workout dvds, of which I have MANY.
Yesterday my SO and I went to Sopwell House Spa in St Albans for a spa and afternoon tea (my birthday present to him) plus we added on a massage each!
We used the gym, steam room, sauna, jacuzzi and swam a few lengths in the pool, followed by our massages in the afternoon.
I had a ESPA Hot Stone full body massage OH YESSSSS, and my SO had a Clarins Men’s Muscle Ease. I’d never had a hot stone massage before but it was recommended and it was AMAZING! If you get the chance, have one. Anyway, as I suspected, I was very knotted in the shoulders, so the therapist worked those out, and the addition of those hot stones and lavender and orange oils really helped with the relaxation aspect. She recommended that I get a back neck and shoulder massage once a month. I did used to get a massage every other month, but I wasn’t so keen on the salon I was using. Will have to try one I’ve spotted in Waterloo if it’s not too expensive.
Had a lovely selection of sandwiches, cakes and scones. I’ve gone a week without coffee, so I had Earl Grey tea with mine.
A much needed relaxation day after a crazy, stressful year!
Here’s some Christmassy photos I took as I was leaving the spa hotel:
Since I’ve moved house, been getting more sleep and have cut out the frothy coffees (as of the weekend) I’m feeling a lot more awake – Yippee! Tomorrow’s ballet is my last class of the year (boo!) but that will give me some evenings in to get back on my stretches before returning to Tap in January 🙂
So after all that drama, we finally moved house last Wednesday!!! Although I had Tuesday-Friday booked as annual leave from work, I ended up being ill from the Sunday and off work sick on the Monday before moving. Not surprising really as buying/selling/moving house is one of the most stressful things EVER. I have actually been ripping out the grey hairs that have been springing up from my head throughout the year.
I was still feeling pretty rough on move day, but got through it on adrenaline…and sugar! But, I think that full-on day has set me back because I returned to work on the following Monday, still not feeling all that great and ended up worse for dragging myself in, so I was in bed Tuesday and Wednesday this week. I was about to email my ballet teacher to tell him I wouldn’t be there again this Wednesday, but before I got around to it, I received an email (and voicemail) from the college to let me know that the class was cancelled because our teacher had an emergency and couldn’t get cover, but he’s going to chat about an extra class when we meet next week. Result!